Agenda - Day 2
Enter Networking Lounge, Connect with your Data Colleagues
- Start your day off right and make connections with healthcare data leaders.
- Join “drop-in” roundtables discussing best practices and innovative strategies.
- Schedule one-to-one video meetings with peers or vendors.
- Gather essential content and get exclusive offers at virtual exhibit booths.
Opening Comments from your Host
Gain insight into today’s sessions so you can get the most out of your conference experience and maximize your value. Discuss yesterday’s highlights and map out your day!
OPENING KEYNOTE: PUBLIC SECTOR HEALTH DATA
Strengthening government services delivery using Analytics in Alberta using Common Client approach
Across governments, in many jurisdictions, individual government agencies allocate significant human and financial resources to programs and services directed towards prolific clients and their families. These individuals often have complex needs that bring them into contact with government officials on a weekly, if not daily, basis. Often, the effort and services expended on these clients and their families are uncoordinated across government agencies. The lack of coordination between agencies may lead to duplication of efforts, inefficient use of resources and most importantly, poor outcomes for clients
Common Client initiative aims to achieve the following
- Identify common clients across various government agencies in data sets without common identifiers
- Use data driven approach to define common clients
- Examine Patterns of Service Use Among Common Clients to enable service delivery optimization
PANEL: BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE REPORTING
Utilizing Health BI Tools to Unlock the Full Potential of your Data
Business intelligence in healthcare is no longer an option but a necessityfor organizations to continually improve and garner actionable insights from their data sets. Gain greater visibility into your financial operations, maximize your operational performance and drive improved patient safety while also discovering potential hidden revenue opportunities. Create an action plan to:
- Reduce cost and increase revenue by uncovering deeper insights into both profitable and underutilized services
- Streamline business processes and enhance cash flow monitoring and compliance reporting
- Boost employee productivity with embedded analytics and enable non-technical users to better understand data through visualization capabilities
Unleash the power of your corporate data to discover hidden revenue.
CASE STUDY: INTEGRATION
A Hospital Journey for Data Integration of Quality and HIROC Risk tools… Improving Patient Outcomes
CASE STUDY: NURSING WORKFORCE
Nursing Workforce Analytical Solution to Optimize Health Human Resources (HHR)
Currently our healthcare system is feeling the impacts of staffing challenges, specifically in the Nursing workforce. The Decision Support & Data Analytics (DS&DA) team collaborated with Nursing leadership and multiple internal stakeholders to develop a first of its kind nursing performance measurement framework and the analytical dashboard solution that empowers operational managers and nursing teams to review nursing key performance indicators (KPIs), analyze trends with the COVID-19 waves, identify correlations between metrics (e.g. staffing transfers from full-time positions to part-time positions and vice-versa that were triggered by % Overtime and % Sick time measures) and review staffing situations at department level, role type level and age demographics. Join us and explore:
- The challenge in measuring and reporting on Nursing KPIs is that there are no well-established KPIs that provide good benchmarking standards for measuring their performance
- Review a newly developed nursing performance measurement framework for nursing specific metrics that takes into account the Ontario Health’s Quadruple Aim framework and aligns metrics to improved patient outcomes, improved provider experience and HHR metrics with lower cost to care.
- Analyzing and linking Nursing HHR metrics like % Overtime, % Sick time, and staffing availability to quality metrics and patient care metrics and get a holistic snapshot at the departmental level and how these metrics roll-up organization wide.
- This collaborative between Decision Support & Data Analytics (DS&DA) and Nursing leadership demonstrates that adopting an insight and data-driven approach and infusing analytics into day-to-day operations produces innovative solutions and improves workflow efficiencies.
Build Relationships and Visit Virtual Booths
Expand your network and exchange expertise with your peers. Take advantage of our intuitive platform to deepen your knowledge and connect with healthcare data experts.
- Pose your biggest questions to leading solution providers through one-to-one video conversations or chat.
- Join “drop-in” roundtables in the networking lounge and make connections that last beyond these two days.
- Experience live demos and test drive new technology. Source leading-edge content from virtual booths.
AFTERNOON KEYNOTE: HR DATA
Utilizing Data Indicators to Identify Employee Burnout
CASE STUDY: Actionable Data Insights
Supporting the People Side of Change to Improve Health Outcomes
During the COVID 19 Pandemic, CBI Health quickly mobilized to support the health care system by partnering with LHINs and hospitals to not only expedite discharge home for patients designated ALC but also provide enhanced restorative care focused on patient enablement at home. We will share key elements of our Transition to Restorative Care at Home program including: our restorative care approach, an integrated patient record and virtually connected care teams, patient focused goal attainment and digital enablers. System and patient level outcomes provide evidence that home care plays a pivotal role in supporting patients to age in place at home, while reducing costs and improving the patient and family experience. Leave with actionable strategies on how to:
- Support the people side of change to capture reliable and accurate data
- Ensure data insights are harnessed to improve patient outcomes and the patient experience
- Achieve the quadruple aim
CASE STUDY: DEEP LEARNING ULTRASONOGRAPHY MODEL
Developing a Deep Learning Ultrasonography Model to Classify Thyroid Nodules as Benign
Thyroid cancer, or the occurrence of rapid cell growth in the thyroid gland located near the neck, is the fastest growing cancer among women. Unsurprisingly, the need for a quick diagnosis of thyroid cancer has become ever more important.
After seeing what my little sister went through during her battle with the disease, I was determined to find a more efficient method to diagnose thyroid cancer using artificial intelligence in a way that was painless and non-invasive.
In my talk I will cover my research process from finding a dataset and getting initial results, to finding a mentor willing to help polish my results for submission to competitions. I also hope to inspire people that want to change the world with AI for the better. If a high schooler can do it, so can you!
PANEL SESSION: PLANNING AND RESPONSE
Utilizing Population Health Data to Inform your Planning and Community Response
Integrating services through a population health approach requires a holistic understanding of the health and wellbeing of a local population. Better support your patients and communities by capturing, analyzing, and modelling data that will help local systems. Develop a strategy to:
- Utilize your data to identify what support is needed by which individuals and communities
- Shape and coordinate collective action to address key areas of priority while reducing inequalities and improving overall health outcomes
- Proactively assign resources to best meet the needs of your communities in a timely manner
Bolster your planning and response with population health insights.
PANEL DISCUSSION: DATA GOVERNANCE STRATEGIES
Practical Steps to Creating a Bulletproof Data Governance Framework
Solid data governance processes are essential to driving value from health data and building trust among key stakeholders. Optimize your governance strategy by ensuring all bases are covered, from ethical data management to risk assurance and auditing. Source practical solutions to:
- Identify your governance and organizational priorities to assess the current gaps in your framework (focusing initially on specific projects)
- Integrate IG recommendations into a roadmap with short and long-term outcomes
- Promote your goals of data governance across your organization and develop a data-driven culture
Prioritize successful data governance by designing your personalized roadmap.
Closing Comments from your Host
Review key insights and takeaways from the conference. Source a summary of action points to implement in your work.
Virtual Happy Hour
- Get to know fellow delegates in “drop-in” virtual roundtables.
- Engage in one-to-one video conversation with peers or vendors.
- Connect with other attendees based on similar interests and business objectives using our “recommend matches” tool.